Midday Open Thread For 5/28/09: 7 Year Old Autistic Girl Signs National Anthem At Orlando Magic Playoff Games


I'll let the Hoop Doctores tell the story (bold letters emphasized by me):
Gina Marie was diagnosed with autism just before the age of 2. She could not even speak until she was 3 years old and now at age 7 she is singing National Anthems at professional sports games and concerts across the country. Her parents sent her to a school for kids with special needs as she had trouble forming words when attempting to speak. But her teachers at the school used music to help her with her language skills. I bet they had no idea what gift Gina had in store for them.
Indeed so.

Update:Thanks to one of my "peoples" at the Kos, skywalker9, I should tell you this: The Magic are a perfect 4-0 when Gina sings.

And I, by mistake, messed up the Hoop Doctores link. My major bad.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Andrew Jones' Media Portfolio

The Cinema For 8/20/10: Only The Nanny Serves The Good Stuff This Week