7/31/09: TWD's Agenda For This Friday: Anthony Weiner's Genius Move

Anthony Weiner, who I'm so happy he represents Brooklyn, did one of the more intelligent displays yesterday I have ever seen in terms of smacking down those who want to abolish Medicare.

In a smackdown of such epic proportions that I thank the high heavens that Rachel Maddow had him on her show last night, Weiner was just brilliant in challenging the Republican idiots who slam Medicare in yesterday's "Energy & Commerce" committee meeting.

And I'm shocked that it hasn't received the attention it has deserved, even on The Rational Online News Network (liberal blogosphere).

On "TRSS" last night:


And here is Weiner's genius move on display


"Put up or shut up." Oh, it was a royal ass whipping that you just don't see from many Democrats, and man, it should get out to all of us. I'm shocked Rachel didn't even play it up or be even giddier, because it was such a "G" move, that even Gatorade couldn't comprehend it.

And I hope it is a template and a lightening rod to leading to not only a strong public option, but maybe, JUST maybe, even more. But I'm not going to get a head of myself here, even though I just did.

Oh, and Happy belated birthday Medicare.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Andrew Jones' Media Portfolio

The Cinema For 8/20/10: Only The Nanny Serves The Good Stuff This Week