Music Thread #2 for 6/17/09: Lupe Fiasco Suffers Another Leak.......And He Isn't Happy About It, Again

The quick runthrough

It's probably good that the NBA Finals ended, because he won't get his trial delayed anymore

You can understand Lupe's frustration. A lot of people were running right to Limewire in 2006 to download his whole album, and it hurt him. So I can understand why he was tight. But the leak wasn't the only reason Lupe didn't come close to platinum with Food and Liquor. It was the terrible decision to make "I Gotcha" the second single after "Kick Push", instead of making "Just Might Be Ok" the follow up to regenerate people buying that CD.

That is the most costliest mistake of his career, in my view. And it hurt a lot.

"Just Might Be Ok" had the potential, and still could be, to be a memorable video. But I doubt that will happen, unless I get in the game.

Sting's next album "Winter" will be in the Fall.

Yes, it may just be a rec center and not something educational. But Snopp is giving back, and that's really all that you can ask for.

Music celebrity news, but click on it if you care. The music thread, unless it's urgent and massive news not to ignore, is not here to tell artists personal biz in terms of who they are dating/ doing other things with. You have other sites for that.

And speaking of Rihanna, she is getting sued for allegedly driving her car into his yard.

Finally, though it was fun, what the hell were T-Pain and Taylor Swift doing? And I asked that question in a very nice manner.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Question to MSNBC's Alex Witt, You're Kidding, Right?

Andrew Jones' Media Portfolio

The Cinema Numbers Review For 3/29/10: A Dragon Is Preferred Over The Hubtub