Sports Thread #1 For 10/8/09: 2009 MLB Postseason- Tracy's Managing, Cook's Pitching And Gonazlez Skill Round Out big Game 2 Win For Rockies

Carlos Gonzalez was certainly a key factor in the Rockies getting a big Game 2 winWhether the pending birth of his son or whatever affected him today, Cole Hamels just couldn't follow through like Cliff Lee did yesterday.
But I give massive credit to the great job Jim Tracy did today managing. Though Aaron Cook has proven himself to be a very tough pitcher whenever he has command of his sinker and his healthy, his outing today was still a surprising boon against last year's World Series MVP today.
However, the star of the game might as well be Carlos Gonzalez, who after Tracy decided to swamp him and Dexter Fowler in the 1-2 hole of the lineup, was outstanding today. He scored the first run and continued to get on baseball all day today.
He was the star of the game for me no question, though it was a team effort of course.
Both team's bullpens did real well today, so I guess that could be a sliver lining that Philly fans can take from this loss. But this is a game that on their minds, and myself and many others, figured to be one that they would go up 2-0 in the series on.
And now, with the Rockies clutch win today, the series comes down to Game 3 here in my mind. The winner of that game will go on to the NLCS I think. Because I don't think the Phillies beat Jimenez in Game 4 even with how Lee pitched yesterday . I believe he won't abandon his fastball like he did yesterday.
Who is going to pitch in Game 3 for both teams in beyond me, though I think Charlie Manuel will go with Pedro Martinez in Denver. Oh, and it is going to be really, REALLY cold in Denver.
Comments