Sports Thread #2 For 10/6/09: Memorable- Casilla Single Gives Twins The AL Central In A Classic
So what if the Yankees may destroy them like they did in the regular season, the Twins may of had the most satisfying win for this entire 2009 season of any team, and that may even include the postseason results all the way to he final out of the World Series. Considering the fact that Justin Morneau went down for the season, and how they were seven games behind the Tigers with over a month left, it is a testament to Ron Gardenhire's superb managing and how this organization is just one of baseball's best.
Jim Leyland, despite his own positive managing credentials, may take heat for leaving Fernando Rodney in for a 4th inning. To my knowledge, I have never seen Rodney pitch for more than 6 outs in the majors, and that maybe was the case for his entire professional career. I will check on that, but I am sure that he never has done a "Mo Rivera" type performance before, the Yankees' closer is just know for his two innings escapades.
This was certainly, without a doubt, one of the greatest games I have ever seen. And I will call it a postseason one too, even if it's technically not.
Heartbreak again for the city of Detroit, their sports teams just can't alleviate the pain that a city has felt all year long. And unlike last year's devastating 1-0 thrilling loss to the White Sox in this game last year, the Twins would not be denied their chance at winning the division in this always dramatic one-game playoff format.
Memorable indeed.
Comments