The Fun Thread For 4/22/10: So, How Would Like To Respond To If Someone Asked Your Mom Was A Prostitute


As Dez Bryant gets drafted tonight, get this story he had to endure throughout the buildup to his big moment
We've all heard the wacky stories about teams in the NBA, NFL and other leagues asking potential draftees strange questions. Maybe asking them about girlfriends -- and then girlfriends their real girlfriends don't know about. You know, stuff that's uncomfortable and a little strange. I believe a new bar was set by some NFL team in the line of questioning to former Oklahoma State wide receiver Dez Bryant. Yahoo Sports has the story:

“They asked me if my mom’s a prostitute,” Bryant says, an account that was confirmed by [Bryant's advisor David] Wells, who attended the meeting. “No, my mom is not a prostitute. I got mad – really mad – but I didn’t show it. I got a lot of questions like that: Does she still do drugs? I sat and answered all of them.”

Bryant’s mother, Angela, had him when she was 15 and conceived his younger sister and brother within the next three years. She reportedly sold drugs, and she served a prison term during Dez’s childhood; at various times he lived with relatives and family friends. Dez and Angela are very close, and she will be with him at Wells’ house for a festive draft party Thursday evening.

More later to come in the Fun Thread.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Andrew Jones' Media Portfolio

The Cinema For 8/20/10: Only The Nanny Serves The Good Stuff This Week