TWD Condolences for 7/31/09: Sir Bobby Robson, A Gentleman's Gentleman


I haven't followed soccer devoutly as long as many out there. But ever since the year 2002, that changed.

And when I started watching the English Premier League and Newcastle, I couldn't help but be charmed by their manager at the time, Sir Bobby Robson.

Now it's very foolhardy to tell if a person is a genuine wonderful human being without even knowing that person, let alone not even following the profession he was in for a long time. But I could tell by his demeanor and his comportment what a class act Sir Robson was.

You aren't knighted in Britain unless you are some sort of extraordinary figure. Bobby Robson was certainly that.

And if I, a guy from across the pond who has fully covered the sport of soccer for just seven years now can say that about this man (who was a great footballer as well), then you can just imagine the deserving accolades from the BBC, Sky Sports , and Goal.com to just name a few.

He was sick for a long time. But I am sure (and many will have the evidence to back it up) he was a great human being, for much, much longer.

In fact, I know that Sir Bobby Robson was certainly, a gentleman's gentleman. Salutations, and God Bless.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Andrew Jones' Media Portfolio

The Cinema For 8/20/10: Only The Nanny Serves The Good Stuff This Week