8/25/09: TWD's Agenda For The Day- Third Way, Happily To Go In The Wrong Way

They shouldn't just name it Third Way anymore. They should call the darn place Wrong Way, even though they like to be wrong to facilitate in the uncaring establishment figures to stay in place instead of the citizens of this nation being helped.

Just take a look at this from Roll Call this morning.
As we move into the final make-or-break months of the health care debate, every progressive should, in the James Carville tradition, put a simple warning on the wall: Do not snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. While many are fighting passionately for one particular policy proposal, such as a public plan, it would be tragic to allow the inclusion or exclusion of any single element to derail reform.
Follow in the James Carville tradition?

That already brought alarm signs right there for your's truly right here. Seriously, the fact that the Third Way masquerades as a true voice of being progressive is like saying Jesse Jackson speaks for all black people, or Ben Stein speaks for all columnists. Third Way has forever been all about the DLC and the selfish status quo who only concern themselves with their dominion being retained.

And they will try to pull a fast one on some people who read this. Thankfully, we have perspectives like thisfrom health care truth telling activist Slinkerwink:
The Third Way, a think tank that calls itself "progressive" but really isn't a progressive think tank, came out with this nauseating op-ed in the Roll Call, a congressional newspaper, telling us progressives to accept a shit sandwich without the public option.
And the one and only David Waldman (viewer discretion is advised)
Maybe I'm just not sufficiently wonky on the health care subject, and after all, this isn't likely to happen to me right away, because I have insurance through my wife that I'm pretty sure we're keeping as long as we can. But I don't get how you can possibly hand me a health care bill with an individual mandate and no public option. If I'm uninsured or poorly insured, and the answer coming out of Congress is that I now have to buy crappy insurance from some private company that has no plan to actually help me pay for my health care without raking me over the coals, then I've gone into this fight an ardent supporter of strong reform, and come out a teabagger.

You're going to force me to pay an insurance company for shit insurance that as a free market actor I decided not to even try to buy?

Fuck the hell out of that. Come and get me if you want my money. Paying the government against my will I can understand. It's the government, and it takes things. I might not like it, but I get it. Now, "libertarians" will no doubt scoff haughtily at that, but look, we differ on how much intrusion we'll tolerate. BFD. Welcome to Earth. But if I'm gonna lose that money one way or the other, to my mind it had damn well better be to pay for insurance that actually covers something, and not to be burned on executive bonuses, advertising, or 30% overhead when there's a 4% plan on the market.

Paying an insurance company whose product I don't want? That makes no goddamn sense to me whatsoever, and I want nothing to do with it.
But it does make sense to Third Way. Because they want you to go the wrong way, so their power and influence can stay.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Andrew Jones' Media Portfolio

The Cinema For 8/20/10: Only The Nanny Serves The Good Stuff This Week