The Break #2 For 12/16/09: Sanders Draws Line In The Sand

Bernie Sanders has had enough. He says he won't vote for the current disaster of the Senate bill (though I wish he would never go on Fox, but whatever):

I’m struggling with this. As of this point, I’m not voting for the bill. … I’m going to do my best to make this bill a better bill, a bill that I can vote for, but I’ve indicated both to the White House and the Democratic leadership that my vote is not secure at this point. And here is the reason. When the public option was withdrawn, because of Lieberman’s action, what I worry about is how do you control escalating health care costs?
As TP's Igor Volsky notes, Sanders is the only person in the Democratic caucus that has voiced his opposition to this piece of crap.

I hope that if this goes to the end, where if somehow they do get the 60 with liars like Snowe and Collins joing them possibly, that Sanders just doesn't vote for this garbage in the current state it is in.

He would be principled, and it would a light bright spot in a sea of utter darkness.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Andrew Jones' Media Portfolio

The Cinema For 8/20/10: Only The Nanny Serves The Good Stuff This Week