TWD Condolences For 12/15/09: A Game Changing Figure In American Religion

Photo from the AP
TWD Condolences indeed go out to Oral Roberts family. The renowned pastor and evangelical figure, with a university named after him, has passed away at age 91 today. He overcame a lot in his life:
Mr. Roberts, who rose from stifling poverty and a nearly fatal case of tuberculosis as a teenager, rarely fought back in public. He was convinced, he said, that God had spoken to him directly as a young man and ordered him on the path, pursued with uncommon entrepreneurial energy, to “put Jesus into my focus at the center of all my thoughts, my dreams, my plans, my accomplishments, my destiny and any legacy I might leave behind.”
God blessing once again to his family, friends, and all that he has touched.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Andrew Jones' Media Portfolio

The Cinema For 8/20/10: Only The Nanny Serves The Good Stuff This Week