The Real #1 For 10/1/12: When Liberals Look SIlly For Attacking Other Liberals For Doing Things


Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Look, I will until any other further notice respect and really appreciate Jeremy Scahill.

I've met him a few times in person in 2009, had a fine few great talks with him and Sharif Kouddous, who was at the time a producer for Democracy Now before heading to Egypt to cover the revolution. Got love for him easily, and that's not talking about his intrepid reputation on exposing our country's continuing imperialism.

He's re-tweeted a lot of my stuff, and always been benevolent to me whenever possible. And he will always be a real journalist unlike the fakes that parade around cable news outside of Current TV, MSNBC, and MSNBC-lite (Huff Post Live) that he is sometimes with on segments, especially Morning Joe.

But he was just silly as hell to make snide comments on another person I like dearly in Mona Eltahawy, based off her spray painting that hateful ad that the MTA allowed only do to Pamela Gellar group having money.

Full disclosure, though I have so much admiration and respect for how Jeremy is a real dude, Mona has been great to know personally throughout this year on Twitter and in reality. Of course you all see if you follow me on Twitter how much we talk about soccer/football, especially the Barclays Premier League and Serie A (presented by TIM) with how Manchester United and Napoli are her 1-2 teams in general.

That has nothing to do with this since I like both, and to be frank with you, I don't give a damn about whether you believe me or not, since I certainly am as natural as they come with my thoughts and how I live my life.

Now with that settled, I don't know what Jeremy's problem is with Mona, or if he thinks it's all about Mona, which it clearly sure as hell is not. Mona told me she doesn't know Jeremy, and Jeremy couldn't explain fully why he made that snide comment about Mona when I asked him about it.

As expected, that caused a lot of "arguing tweets" all over the place, and it kind of died down the minute Mona appeared on Chris' show yesterday.

Really, this all comes down to just a ridiculous wastes of liberals attacking another liberal and missing the picture. What disappoints me more is the fact that Jeremy doesn't even know how real Mona is, and these two people are some of the realest journalists out here.

In short, I hope no one is hating on Mona because Mona is doing her and living her life in the way she sees things most effective to reduce as much hate in the world as possible.

I couldn't find the comment on Saturday until I saw it again, since he didn't direct the tweet officially to Mona, but just mentioned her first name. I wish he had the courage to actually direct the tweet to Mona, but he didn't. At least he didn't delete his tweet or lock his account like Janelle Bouie cowardly did on Friday, because Jeremy is the opposite of being a pusillanimous person.

With how Jeremy keeps it real consistently, this was a rare moment where he didn't. And it's disappointing that he expressed that sentiment in that fashion, regardless on whether he thought Mona simply was talking about being in jail was annoying.

Mona was only talking about what she saw instead of focusing on being petty on the Internet for no irrational reason whatsoever. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Andrew Jones' Media Portfolio

The Cinema For 8/20/10: Only The Nanny Serves The Good Stuff This Week