Music Thread #1 for 7/15/09: CD Are Still Being Purchased In This Day In Age; A Story Drake Hasn't Told Many

Photo from VHI.com
Michael Jackson's death is further highlighting the fact that people still will buy CD's. Now, of course, this is a very different case form the norm, because of people rushing to buy his albums posthumously instead of him being alive at the moment. But people want the raw copies instead of just burning the MP3's and making them into their own CD's.

And so, surprisingly and wonderfully as I have highlighted before, for Maxwell too. 316K and No. 1 for him.

Whitney is back.

Only in this profession can this person turn from this to that, and be respected. But who am I to judge.

LL Cool J is returning to NBC.

A must read from Shareem Reid on Drake. Really, it is. And if I'm saying that about music journalists and music artists in this day and age, it is a must read. Hell, I'll give an excerpt.
"When I was going through the creative process for So Far Gone, I was actually at a pretty dark place in my life," Drake explained. "It was a frustrating time for my family, because my grandmother — who is now in her mid- to late 90s — was just losing it. It was hard for my mother to watch. And it was just, it was really at a point where it was like, 'Is this rap thing going to work?' Like, 'Is this my choice? Is this what I am committing to?' Money was an issue. 'Degrassi' [which Drake starred on as a teen] had ended years ago, and we were just all kind of trying to figure stuff out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Question to MSNBC's Alex Witt, You're Kidding, Right?

Andrew Jones' Media Portfolio