Sports Thread #1 for 7/6/09: Soccer Roundup

Full roundup, starting with the great Kaka'


Go here for the full unveiling. I just hope he continues to be the athlete and person he is.

Benzema, Albiol, to go along with Kaka' and Ronaldo now for Real. And yet, their only defense is their goalie. Oh Firo Perez and your spending.

And speaking of the entitled one, he clearly says La Liga is better now than the EPL/BPL or whatever you want to call it.

For the dumb out there: Freddy Adu is not washed up...at all.

Sir Alex Ferguson made the smartest move buying Michael Owen. I know Real fans are pissed about that.

Yes, Manchester City is now a legit threat, whether you like it or not. But it is still ridiculous how they ran a quality young goalkeeper like Joe Hart out of town for greed to get Shay Given.

Javier Mascherano leaving Liverpool? I'll see it when I believe it.

People really do hope that South Africa bans those annoying horn things next summer.

And by the way, there was some wonderful goals in this great third place game that were overshadowed by the US and Brazil

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Question to MSNBC's Alex Witt, You're Kidding, Right?

Andrew Jones' Media Portfolio

The Cinema Numbers Review For 3/29/10: A Dragon Is Preferred Over The Hubtub