The Daily Open Thread #2 For 8/5/09: No More Mouthpiece Theater, Noooooooo

You mean to tell me that Dana Milbank won't be calling Hillary a you know what anymore more?
We are in an experimental age of journalism in which many of the old ways of doing business are rapidly being transformed. I have always believed that experimentation -- and the willingness to fail -- sit at the center of any creative endeavor, and have done my best to bring that mentality to the Fix each and every day.

What did I learn from doing Mouthpiece? That I am not funny on camera (this will not be a revelation to many of you), that name-calling is never the stuff of good comedy, and that the sort of straight, inside dope reporting I pride myself on made for a somewhat discordant marriage with the sort of satire Mouthpiece aimed to create.

And, as Mrs. Fix -- my guidepost in all things -- rightly pointed out: I am better writing about the news than being in the news.

Lessons learned.
Sigh, just sigh.

At least Milbank can get back to calling Nico Pitney a you know what.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Question to MSNBC's Alex Witt, You're Kidding, Right?

Andrew Jones' Media Portfolio