Music Thread #1 For 12/8/09: A Lot Of New Releases Today
A lot of new releases today. Chris Brown's "Graffiti" is the notable one, and it will be interesting to see if he can top Rihanna's "so-so" first week sales (it looks to be the case, since they have the whole hash tag on it for Twitter). Randomly, out of nowhere, R. Kelly has an album being released today that I knew not a single deal about. On the rap front, three big releases today. As mentioned earlier in The Rise "n" Shine Thread, The Clipse are releasing their 4th album "Til The Casket Drops", while Snopp Dogg is going live on UStream all day today with the release of his latest album "Malice in Wonderland." And the re-incarcerated Gucci Mane has his highly anticipated (not for me, but for most I guess) album "The State vs Radric Davis."
Timbaland is releasing "Shock Value II" as well today, through I have no idea why he is releasing that album after its first installment was poor and virtually neglected.
On the rock front, the most notable release comes from 30 Seconds To Mars with "This Is War". Floridian natives We the Kings drop their CD "Smile Kid" today too.
And Jimmy Buffet rounds out the notable releases (from what I know of, that is) this week with "Buffet Hotel."
Will try to view at least some of them by week's end, hopefully.
Comments