Saturday Night Thread For 2/27/10: A Loving Brother, Even To A Crazy Nut


You would think that after a national nutcase has smeared your character and strongly contributed to you resigning from your prominent job that you would harbor ill feelings for a long time for that person.

And saying nice things about that individual? What prodigious marijuana are you smoking?

So when Van Jones got on the microphone last night at the annual NAACP awards to accept "The Achievement Award", you know what he had to say about Glenn Beck????

Did he call him an a--hole? Did he say "You'll never stop me idiot?" Nope, he said this.

'I see you, and I love you, brother.'

Yes, the former White House green czar said that last night to the man who made him out to be the black Stalin at every moment he had the chance too. More importantly, those comments from Jones about the "Fixed Comedy" idiot came after the usual powerful and poignant advocacy that rational people come to know him buy.

Last thing I want to say is this: To my fellow countryman, Mr. Glenn Beck. I see you, and I love you, brother. I love you, and you cannot do anything about it. I love you, and you cannot do anything about it. Let’s be one country! Let’s be one country! Let’s get the job done!
Truly the perfect response, whether he meant it or not.

As some of you probably know, this week has been declared by some as "The Return Of Van Jones". He has returned to the wonderful folks at "the CAP" in the role of a Senior Fellow and leader of the new Green Opportunity Initiative, which will focus on “creating economic opportunity in distressed communities.”

Jones also made an appearance this week on "Wells Fargo" front man scam artist Travis Smiley's show , signing his return back in the public light.

Now normally, unless he "Bark, barks" like a dog or just make me laugh with how lunatic he is, I don't care about any response or what the Dreck one has to say about something.

But I sure will be attentive to if he gives back the love that Jones so wonderfully (and cleverly) did last night.

Unless "Killing them with kindness" is too much for Goldlineboy.

(In addition: He will also be teaching at Princeton. Oh M.L.H., this news you will love to hear.)

(And thank you in a major way Center for American Progress, because I have been looking for this video since I saw it last night.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Andrew Jones' Media Portfolio

The Cinema For 8/20/10: Only The Nanny Serves The Good Stuff This Week