Music Thread #1 For 8/24/10: Diddy Ain't Happy About Being Called A Robber Boss

The Combs man says that he never cheated his artist out of any money.
….There’s an off perception that needs to be addressed about me that I have ever robbed somebody or mistreated somebody. Or tried to be ruthless or whatever in this game. Like, all this year I’ve heard people say, “Where’s Carl Thomas, where’s Black Rob, where’s G.Dep? Where are these artists?” And for some reason they go ahead and equate that, cause those artists aren’t with me, that I’ve done something wrong or malicious or conniving. It’s something that I do have a problem with because they don’t have no proof that I’ve ever done nothing like that.

Does this really bother you, because you’ve talked about this before.
It’s a misconception. Especially someone who’s been brought up like me. I’ve been brought up to work hard for mine and never take from nobody. And to always try and help people. But people don’t understand this game that were in. You have a short life expectancy. It’s rare to a me, to be a Jay-Z, an LL, a Nas. That shit is a rarity. That’s not even one percent of the rappers. If you look at any artists that were on Ruff Ryders, where they at? If you look at any artist that was on Def Jam at the time we started, where they at? If you look at any artist that was on Roc-A-Fella, Jive, where they at? It’s not like anything was wrong with them. It’s just that you have a four, five-year average in this game. That’s just something I wanted to address.

But there is no dispute that he sure used his artists like silly dogs to get where he is at today. And I really fear for Janelle Monae, because his track record with dropping artists is not a good indication at all.

Hopefully it is :
“I still haven’t brought out the title for the album because I want to bring it out in my own way,” he verified. “But we still got time before the album comes out. It should be no later than December.”

J. Cole had spent the majority of this year working to have the LP out by October 26.

“It seems like every time I get in the studio the album changes a little bit and gets bigger with each song I do,” Cole disclosed. “The importance is that the music sounds special and will be something that’s around in the next 10 years.”

Oh, what a surprise out of nowhere, Eminem is performing at the MTV Awards. Also surprising is the fact that the MTV Awards will be on......MTV.

Another new U-2 song:


And Kate Perry "Teenage Dream" highlights the bevy of albums dropping today, since it is Tuesday. And that also includes another, out of nowhere, EP CD from Usher called "Versus."

Why he decided to realize that 9-track tepid effort is beyond me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Andrew Jones' Media Portfolio

The Cinema For 8/20/10: Only The Nanny Serves The Good Stuff This Week