Music Thread for 9/24/08- Travis Barker and DJ AM's Chilling Tale of Survival


From Brett Flashnick at the Associated Press

As some of you know by now, Travis Barker of Blink 182 fame and Adam "DJ AM" Goldstein had the mortifying scare of their lives last weekend.

This past Friday night, while the two were on board their private Learjet after performing at a concert in Columbia, SC in front of thousands of college students, tragedy stuck. The Learjet suddenly crashed just after taking off from the airport, killing everyone on the plane.

Expect those two.

Engulfed in flames, it in now being reported that both Barker and Goldstein slid down the wing of the plane, but tackled each other to put out the fire.

They ended up in critical but stable condition at a hospital in Augusta, Georgia. And definitely were thankful that they somehow, someway, managed to survive.

Sadly that was not the case for the four other passengers on the plane.
Pilot Sarah Lemmon, 31, of Anaheim Hills, Calif., and co-pilot James Bland, 52, of Carlsbad, Calif., died in the crash. Also killed were Chris Baker, 29, of Studio City, Calif., and Charles Still, 25, of Los Angeles. Baker was an assistant to Barker and Still was a security guard for the musician.


Photo from Brett Flashnick

Our thoughts and prayers from TWD to the victims of that terrible plane crash, and for Barker and Goldstein to definitely, if they haven't already with the carefree lifestyles that they live, cherish everything day by day.

To more less melancholy news:
Metallica came back strong by going gold in the first week. But for Nelly, talk about a fall from grace. A major fall form grace.

How about just 83,700 copies sold in the first week fall form grace. Those numbers are so bad, Ashanti sold more in the first week with her album (90,000).
Times are really hard in Nellyville. The economy is hitting his town as well (Because just not being able to appeal anymore and running out of ideas is the secret reason we can't let you know for why he's falling. Oops.)

Simon Cowell apparently isn't happy about Clay Aiken coming out. And strangely enough, neither are his fellow Idol alumni? The stupidity of this all. Like, why would they be made about his own personal business?

Here's Cowell quote (it will make you chuckle, thought it will make some real piss:
"Wow. that's a shock. It's like being told Santa Claus isn't real," he told "Extra." "Unbelievable."

So, he's pushing up "Love Lockdown"? Apparently so.
Kanye West says his 808s and Heartbreak album is done, and he's not going to wait until right before Christmas to release it, as was originally planned. He announced Wednesday (September 24), via his KanyeUniverseCity.com blog, that his fourth LP is coming out a lot sooner.

"I changed my album to November something, 'cause I finished the album and I felt like it," he posted under a picture of him and Young Jeezy in the studio. "I want y'all to hear it as soon as possible."

It doesn't matter if he gave it to me free tomorrow. That single out right now is the worst he has EVER done. And it is looking like the trend is continuing in my opinion with his releases. The quality of his albums continue to go down, down, down.

Goodness gracious Hiphopdx, why give this clown Charlamagne the time of day:
Definitely, I'm next. I am the future. I been saying I am the future since 2001 to 2002 ya know. Wendy [Williams] obviously saw something in me to say, "You know what I think that kid is big." That's why she got me out here from South Carolina. Me, side by side with her, ya know, she's teaching me the ropes on the next level, because I been doing this for years. I was doing radio in South Carolina. I've had my own show, Charlamagne the God: Concrete Jungle, in South Carolina. That's where she heard me. So I'm definitely next.

Hell, why did I just give him the time of day.

Ciara is angry at Vibe for messing up her photo shoot.
"I think, at this point, I'd rather just be quiet about things such as that but I definitely want to make it clear that I was going in to do something artistic, and I was upset that when I saw the photos, everything was gone," she told MTV. "It's very, very upsetting and somewhat misleading."

The risk you take I guess.

Okay, maybe Kanye redeemed himself with this collabo effort from Rhymefest. It is hilarious, and it isn't a music video by the way.

T.I airs out Shorty Lo hard:

And sadly, Bedford-Stuyvesant (my home) continues to embarrass itself with the breaking report over Papoose getting shot.

More on that and other stuff in the world of music tomorrow, peace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Andrew Jones' Media Portfolio

The Cinema For 8/20/10: Only The Nanny Serves The Good Stuff This Week