Sports Thread #1 for 10/12/08- NFL Week 6's "The 3 Guarantees"


(Photos: Ladainian Tomlinson from SI.com; Richard Seymour from SportingNews.com) Richard Seymour in the Patriots have caused heartbreak for Ladainian Tomlinson and the Chargers several times over the last year. At least for one night, however, that will change.

"The 3-Guarantees" games that both me and James agree on, are the Colts-Ravens, Broncos-Jaguars, and the Patriots-Chargers. It's an all AFC affair this week in the 3-g section, and here's the first ever IM conversation about who we will choose and why. Enjoy (Me: Blazingterror141, James: Jaeddy28)
jaeddy28 (12:50:18 PM): Did you see the lines for the Minnesota game and the Washington game?

BlazingTerror141 (12:50:55 PM): At Minnesota -13.5 Detroit 44.5

BlazingTerror141 (12:50:58 PM): what a joke

BlazingTerror141 (12:51:18 PM): 0/12 1:00 ET At Washington -12 St. Louis 43.5, those are game to stay the hell away from

BlazingTerror141 (12:51:36 PM): I think though that if there was one game for that to cover, it would be the Redskins game

jaeddy28 (12:51:49 PM): I think they are insane

BlazingTerror141 (12:51:58 PM): the Minnesota one most def

jaeddy28 (12:52:14 PM): I would pick St. Louis all day

jaeddy28 (12:52:25 PM): I might actually find a shark and take that bet

jaeddy28 (12:52:28 PM): 12

jaeddy28 (12:52:39 PM): The Redskins are not the Patriots

BlazingTerror141 (12:52:41 PM): okay, so, for the three game we selected, first one,
the colts-ravens

BlazingTerror141 (12:52:49 PM): 4 at home for a struggling Colts team

BlazingTerror141 (12:53:20 PM): I don't know, and I don't think so, I still don't think they will break out. Then again, I think this maybe the week Joe Flacco has a bad game

BlazingTerror141 (12:53:32 PM): so, I'm leaning towards the Colts

jaeddy28 (12:53:36 PM): Me too

BlazingTerror141 (12:53:43 PM): it just has that feeling

jaeddy28 (12:53:53 PM): I think the Colts are the NFL verion of Houdini right about now

BlazingTerror141 (12:53:57 PM): that Manning is pissed, and somehow, someway, they are due

BlazingTerror141 (12:54:02 PM): yup, they should be 0-4

BlazingTerror141 (12:54:19 PM): okay, Jaguars against Denver

jaeddy28 (12:54:21 PM): They should be

jaeddy28 (12:54:33 PM): They have been atrocious for Vegas

jaeddy28 (12:54:46 PM): They never cover, which is why the line is only 4

BlazingTerror141 (12:55:05 PM): the Jaguars secondary can get passed on, but they got a lot of pride. it's 4, the Colts, or the Broncos?

BlazingTerror141 (12:55:15 PM): Colts are at 4

BlazingTerror141 (12:55:20 PM): Broncos at 3.5

jaeddy28 (12:55:34 PM): Colts are now 2

BlazingTerror141 (12:55:39 PM): really

BlazingTerror141 (12:55:44 PM): yeah, colts for sure then

jaeddy28 (12:55:58 PM): Broncos are 3.5

jaeddy28 (12:56:35 PM): I would take the Jaguars, they aren't going to win out right but they won't lose by more than a field goal

BlazingTerror141 (12:57:11 PM): I agree, Jacksonville is too physical to let Denver run up the field

BlazingTerror141 (12:57:20 PM): and I think they may upright win this one

BlazingTerror141 (12:57:28 PM): but def them, for the 3 and a half

jaeddy28 (12:57:49 PM): Yeah, I was thinking maybe outright but it is in Denver

BlazingTerror141 (12:58:05 PM): Good point, but you how this league works

BlazingTerror141 (12:58:15 PM): Finally, the rematch of the AFC Title Game

BlazingTerror141 (12:58:27 PM): tCassel threw it well enough last week, but can he
do it again

BlazingTerror141 (12:58:52 PM): remember, the Chargers shut down Brady in the playoffs last year, and if Rivers, LT, and Gates were healthy, they could have won

jaeddy28 (12:59:21 PM): It is more like a match of teams to fall to the Dolphins

BlazingTerror141 (12:59:32 PM): true, haha

BlazingTerror141 (12:59:38 PM): that Wildcat, wildcat

jaeddy28 (12:59:51 PM): I think both teams are too inconsistent

BlazingTerror141 (12:59:54 PM): But even with the lost of Chambers, I think the Chargers still have the advantage
jaeddy28 (1:00:02 PM): And it is really kind of up in the air
jaeddy28 (1:00:07 PM): Me too
BlazingTerror141 (1:00:11 PM): yup, you never know what to expect, but I think the Brady-Cassel difference will be made whole again
BlazingTerror141 (1:00:22 PM): 5 and a half is a lot of points
BlazingTerror141 (1:00:35 PM): but i think the way the dolphins handle them, and how the chargers want to handle them
BlazingTerror141 (1:00:46 PM): i think the Bolts aren't going to show any let up in this one
jaeddy28 (1:00:56 PM): On ESPN it is saying -1.5 to San Diego
BlazingTerror141 (1:00:56 PM): they are sick of the Patriots beating them
BlazingTerror141 (1:01:00 PM): oh really
jaeddy28 (1:01:09 PM): Me too
BlazingTerror141 (1:01:10 PM): damn spread lines, all different around
jaeddy28 (1:01:22 PM): I think the Chargers are going to try and blow this one open
BlazingTerror141 (1:01:26 PM): http://www.gambling911.com/us-odds.html, damn gambling odds, ESPN i guess it is where it's at
BlazingTerror141 (1:01:33 PM): Cromatie finally returns one, or another one
jaeddy28 (1:01:36 PM): And take advantage of no Tom Brady
BlazingTerror141 (1:01:42 PM): and finally backs up all the hype
BlazingTerror141 (1:01:52 PM): Chargers, definitely for the cover and out right win
jaeddy28 (1:02:10 PM): Yeah

So there you have it: The Colts at -1.5 against the Ravens, the Jaguars at +3.5 against the Broncos (and I think Jacksonville will win out right against Denver), and the Chargers big tonight over the Pats.

And the outright picks for the other games:
My other picks
Bears over Falcons
Texans over Dolphins in a semi-upset
Colts over Ravens
Vikings over the miserable Lions (way closer than the spread has)
Saints over the dysfunctional Raiders (They better after last week)
Jets over the hapless Bengals
Bucs over Panthers
Redskins over the soft as Charmin tissue Rams (James thinks 12 points is too much, but I think the Skins will cover it)
Cowboys over Cardinals (in an impressive win)
Eagles over 49ers in a big game for both teams, especially the Eagles
Packers over the struggling Seahawks, even in Seattle
And finally...................
No upset on Monday night, the Giants stay undefeated against the Browns:

Kellen Winslow, get better my TE.
James' remaining picks are here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Question to MSNBC's Alex Witt, You're Kidding, Right?

Andrew Jones' Media Portfolio